Thursday, February 11, 2010

About Second Life

According to Monday's class, I get to know better about Second Life in the field of education. Originally, I thought SL was a common 3D game eventhough is very interesting. After experiencing in the field of visual education in SL, I aware that SL is benefitial to English Education.Especially in practicing written English and listening English . One thing in SL really shocking me is that teacher can establish a visual and mock classroom in SL. Students also creat SL accounts and attend the analogous class in SL where teachers can teach students . Another point I really appreciate is that teachers can communicate with students as well as prompt students to practice English through SL. I determine to keep exploring this game in this semester and I hope I can relate my future teaching with SL in more broader ways.

2 comments:

  1. That's great. Hope it works out for you. Obviously I must have missed something last Monday - I thought you could communicate with other avatars only through text-typing. I was not aware that SL had audio capabilities so that you could listen to what others were saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that you appreciate SL as a teching resource for language teaching. It is true that games can motivate students learning but with appropriate use. Have you considered other disadvantages for game teaching. I am afraid of students' addiction. Do you have any method to advoid this happening? How can we teach students language well through games or on line activities?

    ReplyDelete